America's Boating Course
America's Boating Course
Scroll down for class schedule
It’s a zoo out there, especially on holiday weekends.
Boats going in every direction, swimmers, jet-skis, kids, dogs.
People driving boats with drinks or cell phones in hand.
Very often, people new to boating, and even experienced boaters, believe that operating a boat is easy. “I know how to drive a boat.” “I’ve been boating for years and know what I’m doing.”
Maybe you do.
And maybe you don't know what you don't know.
Florida has the most registered boats of any other state. The accident statistics for 2022 are not good:
- Reportable accidents: 735
- Fatalities: 65
- Leading cause of death: drowning (81% were not wearing life jackets)
- Primary causes of all boating accidents: improper lookout or attention and boater inexperience.
Did you know that in Florida, anyone born after January 1, 1988, is required to get a Florida Boater Education Card before operating a boat with a 10 hp or greater motor?
With America's Boating Course, You Can
- · Learn recreational boater safety basics
- · Satisfy your state’s boater educational requirements
- · Build skills, gain confidence, and have more fun on the water
Learn Boating Basics
With America’s Boating Course, you’ll receive a comprehensive introduction to recreational boating. Whether you enjoy power boating, sailing, paddle sports, or personal watercraft, we’ve got you and your family covered.
- Boat types, required safety equipment, and related terminology
- Your responsibilities as a boat operator
- Preparing to get underway
- Navigation rules, aids to navigation, and signals
- Federal and state regulations
- Finding your way
- Operating your boat under normal conditions
- Handling adverse conditions and emergencies
- Communications afloat
- Water sports safety and PWC operation
- Knots and lines
- And much, much more…
Learn With Us
You have choices for your boater education.
The United States Power Squadrons offers you a real value and an enjoyable learning experience.
Our Commitment to Your Learning. For over 100 years we have provided high-quality boater education and enjoyable boating and social opportunities to help people like you to increase their competence, knowledge, and enthusiasm for recreational boating.
Outstanding Curriculum. America’s Boating Course is:
- Approved by the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA)
- Approved by those states that require a Boater Education ID Card
- Recognized by the U.S. Coast Guard.
Outstanding Instruction. Our course leaders have:
- A passion for helping students learn
- Certified instructor credentials
- Real-world experience.
Pricing. Our fees cover the costs of course materials and facilities costs; there is no fee for the instruction.
Need more information? Drop a line and ask.
December 9 & 10, 2023 –
- Two-day class: Saturday, 12/9, 8 AM – 5 PM; Sunday, 12/10, 2 – 4 PM.
- Location: Anchorage Park activities building, 603 Anchorage Dr., North Palm Beach, 33408 (Map Here)
- Cost: Residents of North Palm Beach, FREE; non-residents $55/student, $75/2 students sharing materials.
- Please register for this course using the button below. We need to know in advance the number of students in order to prepare the materials.
- Registration ends November 25, 2023.